Monday, November 21, 2011

Pigging Out On Candy Canes

Normally I'd shop for my criminally insane bacon products somewhere like stupid.com, so I was thrilled to look no further than the Urban Outfitters on lower State for these.

I also got a little blue tree which goes well with my favorite Christmas theme of late, If You Can't Beat Them, Join Them or A Tacky Little Christmas. Putting a hook through raw bacon might be more in line with the latter, but these will do pig, these will do.

After the horror of tasting holiday bacon hard candy, I think they're best treated as decorations or possibly a seasonal threat for profane children. As I'm sitting here with one stuck in my mouth like Ralphie in A Christmas Story, I find the trick is not to swallow.

How funny is it that Accoutrements Hanukkah Candy Canes (peppermint) are next to the Bacon canes on one page and a Moses action figure on another?

3 comments:

  1. Hah, I love your little blue tree. I was going to buy one this year as I was following a similar theme, but thought this captured my feelings on the season.

    http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/product-works-charlie-brown-tree/ID=prod6090578-product

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping over from Bon Bon's blog :)
    Bacon candy....really??? That sounds horrible. Funny though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was pretty horrific, Tammy. Yeah, I'm writing this in 80 degree weather which could have been close to the time I posted, but alas...May.

    ReplyDelete

No Spam Zone