Thursday, December 06, 2007

Sugar Buzz: Peppermint Crunch Junior Mints

Sugar BuzzPeppermint Crunch Junior Mints are the only candy I've been craving lately, and Hosanna Heysanna, there they were, in a Copp's Christmas display looking all cheery and "eat me." Ever since I got a load of Cybele's flickr photo, I knew I had to have them. And I'm not a mint, Junior or otherwise, type person.
My best friend growing up loved them, and because she also loved Boston Baked Beans, sardines and ketchup, chewing tinfoil, and doing something horrible with baking soda (filed away in my repressed memories), I wasn't a fan of the Junior Mint. Although it is one of my favorite Seinfeld episodes.
Maybe it's this bothersome eating less junk food business, but I was all over these like a Bumpus hound on a Christmas turkey.

They're refreshing and crunchy in a slightly weird way. Kind of like eating a mouthful of candy with a mouthful of bubblegum. The chocolate is way too sweet, but has a nice consistency and compliments both the mint and the "crunchy bits."
The candy itself is a bit homely, but who's looking at it. I wouldn't suggest peeking into the cavernous half empty box either (or is it half full, those miserly bastards). Just eat them, share with friends. I'll refrain from telling you how much sugar is in this sugar, but about 15 pieces should more than do you. Yikes, 170 calories in 15 mishapen pieces. Wish I hadn't read that. Must find new place to hide candy.

4 comments:

  1. ...mouthful of candy and bubblegum? Ewwww. Sounds too weird. Think I'll try to find the Beer Mints. (It'll make a gret stocking stuffer!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you know, like a Blow Pop. I was thinking of taking a little road trip to Gem City to get a few cans myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so damn funny...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey MM, I finally had to pack these up and dump them off on someone else. Now I have a sack of nowillpower candy sitting where the Christmas tree should be. So what happens between there and here that makes a four foot tree cost 50 bucks?

    ReplyDelete

No Spam Zone